Neal has worked at board level for over 20 years and completed projects for most of the world’s top nutrition companies, visiting over 80 countries and lived in Europe, Asia and the Americas.
Neal tends to lead our Ingredient Branding, Clinical Nutrition and Supplement projects and produces many of our “thought-piece” reports and conference presentations. As one of the founders of our team he also holds a coaching and audit-role, keeping an eye on the quality, clarity and intellectual rigour of the Healthy Marketing Team consulting output.
Son of an eminent Evolutionary Biologist, Neal’s passion and aptitude is to make sense of complicated branding problems, especially at the more technical or intellectual end of the spectrum. He is much in-demand for Strategic Direction health-checks as well as conference speaking engagments and client training programmes.
An MBA graduate of London’s City University Business School and former Senior Brand Strategist at top-five global branding agency Design Bridge, Neal keeps a hand in our emotional branding jobs too: he says he’s “positioned more yoghurts than you’ve had hot dinners.”
I love making complex things seem simple. There’s little more satisfying than unlocking complicated human motivations and helping a brand become what its consumers really want & need.”
Neal’s blogs and conference presentations:
- FoodNews Dairy NPD Conference 2012: Soft health-claims in dairy
- International Stevia Forum 2011: Rules of Stevia Marketing
- World Dairy Conference 2011
- Functional drinks conference: Are health-claims killing your competitive edge?
- Brand Strategy Magazine: Wellness Trend
Examples of projects led by Neal:
- Nutricia & SHS Clinical Nutrition repositioning
- i-Flex Supplement Brand creation
- Strategic ingredient brand positioning
- Good Heavens! Yoghurt drink repositioning
- Chocolate permisssability study
- Global health-brand repositioning and Brand Management System
I really like Neal’s approach and soothing manner…I appreciated how quickly he was able to engage the team with his professionalism and extensive knowledge.”