The Nutrition Game is Changing. Are you ready to play by the new rules?
by Peter Wennstrom
When I started The HMT we set out as our mission to be agents of change for the nutrition industry. Today this mission is more relevant than ever as we have observed 5 global ‘game changing’ forces re-shaping the food and beverage landscape.
The HMT invite you to join us on this journey, to stay ahead of the curve and to uncover opportunities for innovation and growth by understanding what each Game Changer can mean for your business.
5 Shifting Global Forces – HMT Observed “Game Changers”
- People – we’re getting more older/younger
Strategy: Lifestage Nutrition
Examples: Healthy ageing, infant nutrition, maternal nutrition, men’s health
Application: Emerging markets or developed markets
- Resources – are getting scarce
Strategy: Sustainable Nutrition
Examples: Traceability and transparency, intelligent sourcing and selection
- Food – is for health and wellbeing
Strategy: Functional and Preventative Nutrition
Examples: Healthy living and empowerment, from treatment to prevention for society
- Production – natural and sustainable
Strategy: Natural Nutrition
Examples: Whole food, real food, raw food, live food
- Science – for a smarter future
Strategy: Reinventing food production and processing to meet future demands for natural, nutritious, sustainable and tasty nutrition
Examples: Cold pasteurisation, communicating supply chain
Companies and brand owners must be willing to challenge preconditioned opinions and shift paradigms or risk playing catch up.
The HMT have a 3-Step innovation process to help guide you to success.
- Identify emerging trends and the innovation space that those trends are directed at
- Explore the opportunity through your consumer, your category and your competencies
- Evaluate the impact each of the 5 Game Changers will have on your strategy. Challenge the status quo!
Contact us if you want to future check your business against Game Changers!